Jag defense lawyer

Are you dealing with a Military correction or discharge?

Davis Younts


Everyone makes mistakes. If you need to have a mistake in your military records corrected, or if you need to have your discharge from the military upgraded, UCMJ defense lawyer R. Davis Younts can help.

When someone leaves the military without an Honorable Discharge, that veteran’s job prospects are reduced, he or she receives no education benefits, and some veterans receive no benefits at all. However, these veterans are not without options. Sometimes, mistakes can be fixed.

Correcting anyone’s military records is an exceedingly complicated process. A number of deadlines must be met, and a number of specific guidelines must be followed. Attorney R. Davis Younts will guide you through the records correction process from start to finish.


Here’s the first deadline: A request to have your military records corrected must be filed within three years of the mistake’s discovery (or within three years of when it should have been discovered).

However, if the Board for Correction of Military Records (BCMR) believes that justice requires it, the three-year deadline can be waived, but such exceptions are rare. You should speak to an attorney and begin the correction process as soon as you are aware of a mistake in your records.

The BCMR has broad authority to correct the mistakes and injustices that may appear in a veteran’s military records. It also has the authority to correct mistakes on a veteran’s DD Form 214, the service document that represents the complete record of a veteran’s military service.


If you are seeking to have your military discharge upgraded, an upgrade can be sought for up to fifteen years after the date of your discharge. The Discharge Review Board (DRB) has the power to change military separation codes, upgrade military discharges, and award back pay.

There are three types of “administrative” discharges from the military, and two types of “punitive” discharges. The administrative discharges are HON (Honorable), GEN (General Under Honorable Conditions), and OTH (Other than Honorable).

The punitive discharges are BCD (Bad Conduct) and DD (Dishonorable). A veteran with a GEN or OTH discharge may not be eligible for his or her full benefits. Veterans with punitive discharges, in most cases, do not qualify for any benefits.

That’s one reason why seeking and obtaining a discharge upgrade is so important. Veterans may seek discharge upgrades to regain their benefits. If you’ve requested a discharge upgrade and the request was denied, put the matter in the hands of the right military records correction lawyer.


Attorney R. Davis Younts has been a JAG (Judge Advocate General) and a top-ranked Senior Defense Counsel in the Air Force. He knows what it takes to obtain a discharge upgrade or make a records correction, and he knows how to handle your appeal if your request is denied.

R. Davis Younts has been an attorney for eighteen years. He has received an Air Force Meritorious Service Medal and an Air Force Commendation Medal. He advises clients and represents defendants in both military and civilian legal matters.

Military discharge upgrade requests and military records correction requests are always complicated, and you’ll need a great deal of patience as well – depending on your service, the process could take six months to two years.

You’ll need to locate and gather any medical records, military records, or other documents that relate to your discharge upgrade request or to your records correction request. Medical records which indicate that you are not dealing with any alcohol or drug abuse issues are also helpful.


Do not, however, seek a discharge upgrade or a records correction on your own. Any mistakes or misunderstandings on your part could delay your request or even cause it to be rejected. The right attorney, however, can ensure that your request is not unnecessarily delayed.

Not very many military attorneys have experience in the military records correction process. Attorney R. Davis Younts is dedicated to helping veterans set the record straight and to helping them secure the benefits they deserve for their service.

He will explain your rights and how the process works. After reviewing the details of your discharge and military record, attorney R. Davis Younts will collect the evidence that supports your claim, and he will submit your petition and the supporting documents on your behalf.

If necessary, he can appeal your case to a U.S. District Court or the U.S. Court of Claims. To learn more, contact attorney R. Davis Younts at (833) 739-5291 or (717) 612-4840. His offices are located at 26 North Ninth Street in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania. He is ready to help you and work on your behalf.

About Davis:

Davis is a Christian, husband, homeschool dad, and JAG Defense providing strategic legal guidance and expert criminal defense to military, federal law enforcement, and other patriots. My passion for justice and compassion for people is based on the belief that all of us are created in the image of God and endowed by our creator with inalienable rights. Davis is on the frontlines of the battle to defeat tyranny and preserve freedom. No King but Christ!

R. Davis Younts began his legal career as a military prosecutor, quickly earning a reputation as a passionate advocate for justice. JAG Attorney Younts’ success, ninety-eight percent conviction rates, as well as his skillful handling of complex cases garnering national attention, resulted in his competitive selection as an Air Force Area Defense Counsel.

As a military defense attorney, Younts found his true calling and went on to become the top-ranked litigator in his region. Although asked to become one of eighteen Senior Trial Counsel in the Air Force, Younts turned down this prestigious offer to remain a defense attorney. His hard work was rewarded when he was hand-picked to become a Senior Defense Counsel and put in charge of the Air Force’s busiest region where he served as the lead attorney for homicide, sexual assault, drug, and other serious criminal cases.

Military defense attorney R. Davis Younts knows how to cast doubt on the evidence against you in a drug case and how to bring your case to its best possible conclusion. Depending on the details of a drug charge, he will pursue the most effective defense strategy.

Attorney R. Davis Younts has been a prosecutor, a JAG (Judge Advocate General), and a number one-ranked Senior Defense Counsel in the U.S. Air Force. He’s been practicing law for eighteen years, and he defends those accused of drug crimes in both civilian and military courts.

You can reach attorney R. Davis Younts by calling (833) 739-5291 or (717) 612-4840. His law offices are located at 26 North Ninth Street in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania. If the military is accusing you of a drug crime, don’t lose hope. Instead, make the call to R. Davis Younts.

Contact me: [email protected]




Fighting Criminal Charges if You Are on Active Duty. The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) is a complex set of laws and regulations. A conviction for a UCMJ violation can put you in prison and ruin your future. If you’re accused of a UCMJ violation while on active duty, you must contact the right lawyer.


Military personnel in the U.S. have a legal right to seek religious accommodation. The process includes seeking the advice and the insights of their commander, medical provider, chaplain, and sometimes an attorney. Military religious freedom attorney R. Davis Younts will protect your right to seek...


Being a medical professional can be difficult and incredibly rewarding at the same time. While providing medical aid and saving people’s lives can be meaningful and valuable, there are incredibly high standards to practice medicine effectively. These standards are even more vital in the military. Strict protocols are in place...


When someone leaves the military without an Honorable Discharge, that veteran’s job prospects are reduced, he or she receives no education benefits, and some veterans receive no benefits at all. However, these veterans are not without options. Correcting anyone’s military records...


Using, possessing, or selling illegal drugs can mean serious legal trouble if you are on active duty. Just one joint of marijuana is enough to ruin your future. If you are charged with a drug crime in a military court, you must be represented by military defense attorney R. Davis Younts.


The Pentagon has spent millions on sexual assault and rape prevention, but there is little for you if you are the target of a false rape or sexual assault allegation. If you’re on active duty and you are accused of rape or sexual assault, contact military defense attorney R. Davis Younts at once.

Free, Confidential and Secure

In-depth case evaluation’s

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


    In-Depth case evaluation

      Skip to content